To provide a unified voice and support for all MOAA members and chapters in Arizona in promoting and supporting national MOAA’s goals, objectives, and advocacy for the rights, benefits, interests of – and service to – active duty, retired, and former members of the uniformed services of the United States and their families.
MOAA is recognized as Arizona’s most committed and effective advocate for the rights and benefits of—and service to—active duty, retired, and former members of the United States military and their families.
National MOAA Mission Statement
MOAA is the nation’ largest and most influential association of military officers. It is an independent, nonprofit, politically nonpartisan organization. With more than350,000 members from every branch of service-including active duty, National Guard, Reserve, retired, former officers, and their families-we are a powerful force speaking for a strong national defense and representing the interests of military officers at every stage of their careers. MOAA’s highest priority is providing first-class service to our members. We are the leading voice on compensation and benefit matters for all members of the military community. We provide expert advice and guidance to our members.
History of MOAA
The Military Officers Association of America (MOAA) was founded in Los Angeles, CA in 1929 with the view to counsel and render assistance to all officers in matters related to their retired status. Through the years, the association broadened its objectives to work on behalf of the entire uniformed service community. After a membership vote in September 2002, the association changed its name from The Retired Officers Association (TROA) to the Military Officers Association of America (MOAA), on January 1, 2003.
Video: Why MOAA
Why MOAA? [They] provide me with a direct voice to Congress. … My membership matters because I make the organization stronger, which makes our voice stronger. -1st Lt, ARNG. Learn more in this video.
MOAA Who We Are
- Six out of ten retired officers belong to MOAA, as do more than 30,000 active duty officers. Today, with about 370,000 members, MOAA is the nation’s largest military officer’s association and the main force among veterans’ groups in lobbying Congress to protect military retirement and survivor benefits.
- MOAA is an independent, nonprofit organization operated exclusively to benefit members of the uniformed services, their families, ad survivors. MOAA is dedicated to preserving their entitlements and to maintain a strong defense.
- The Arizona Council of Chapters MOAA is the State entity which provides support and assistance to member chapters of Arizona.
MOAA Council and Chapters Procedures Guides
- MOAA National HQ is located in Alexandria, VA and is governed by a board of directors consisting of 36 officers from the seven uniformed services
- Arizona Council of Chapters – The Council of Chapters is the umbrella leadership organization for the Chapters in Arizona.
- Chapters – Arizona has 9 individual MOAA Chapters and 3 Satellite Chapters. Each chapter organizes committees to serve their community and its members.
- Governance Documents